Camp Naper offers kids in grades 1-6 fun, unique, hands-on activities, with advanced activities for older campers. All camps include supplies and a snack and are led by experienced, adult counselors. Unless otherwise noted, all camps are recommended for children entering grades 1-6 in the fall.
- Camp Hours: 9 am-3 pm
- Early Drop Off: 8 am (no additional fee)
- Camp activities do not officially begin until 9 am.
Camp Naper will follow COVID precautions. Camp groups will be smaller, and more activities will be done outdoors. When indoors and when unable to social distance, campers will wear masks. Our staff will always wear masks. Campers will use personal supply kits for craft supplies used daily so they’re not touching the same commonly used items as everyone else. Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer will be encouraged.
For questions, contact us at 630-420-6010
June 7-11 | $210/week/camper
Time to brush up on botany and jump start your knowledge of geology! Campers will transform into naturalists for the week as we investigate the riches of nature and renewable resources. What will you discover under your own feet?
Imagine That! Sampler
June 14-18 | $210/week/camper
- June 14: Superhero Science - Become your own superhero and make magnetic ooze as you investigate how superpowers really work.
- June 15: History's Mysteries - Can you find Amelia Earhart? What is Stonehenge? How do you navigate in the Bermuda Triangle? Explore these mysteries and more as you dive into archaeology, make your own compass, and recreate one of the most mysterious places on earth.
- June 16: Snack Science – Use your favorite treats to explore the science of food. We say that today it’s okay with your food! You’ll amaze your family at the dinner table with what you’ve learned.
- June 17: Earth Explorer - Let your inner naturalist shine during this fun day of nature exploration. Paint with the sun, create rainbows, play with worms, and create your own terrarium to take home.
- June 18: Creepy Cryptids - Have you ever heard about a plesiosaurus in Scotland or a sasquatch in Wisconsin? Learn about cryptids as you explore these legends of the animal kingdom. Make mermaid eggs, race like a Bigfoot, and take home a dragon!
June 21-25 | $210/week/camper
We’re going all in this week--all into the science and history and modern connections of some of our most interesting historical houses at Naper Settlement. Enjoy special tours while you learn about Naperville’s past and how you can make an impact on the future!
June 28- July 2 | $210/ week/camper
Learn how the pioneers survived in Naperville before running water and electricity as you train for survival in nature, help others in a disaster, and encounter some wild animals. Pitch tents, be first aid ready, and stay safe in the water during this exciting week! This week includes an off-campus trip to the paddleboat quarry.
Around the World
July 5-9 | $210/week/camper
Pack your suitcases, or at least your lunch bag, because we’re off on a worldwide adventure. Discover the people, places, and animals across the continents and learn what makes each of them marvelous, exciting places without ever leaving Naper Settlement!
Civil War Camp (SOLD OUT)
3 DAY CAMP - July 6-8 | $180/week/camper
This Naper Settlement historical favorite will allow campers to explore the differences between historical and modern strategy, planning, and progress.
July 12-16 | $210/week/camper
- July 12: Excavation Exploration - Hunt for clues in an archaeological investigation with a twist!
- July 13: Extreme Spies - Learn what it takes to stay under the radar and use your powers of observation.
- July 14: Enterprising Engineers - Use your creativity to problem-solve and engineer like Rube Goldberg!
- July 15: Wild Weather - During this extreme day, you’ll learn about what happens in our wickedly wild atmosphere. Plus, a visit from a Storm Chaser!
- July 16: Water Wars - Catapult your way into legend during this one-day epic water battle!
July 19-23 | $210/week/camper
Each day we’ll investigate a new aspect of STEM! On the last day, you’ll participate in the BIG BUILD as we apply what we’ve learned and use STEM to meet a challenge.
Sketch and Sculpt
3 DAY CAMP - July 26-28 | $135/week/camper
Are you ready to create a masterpiece and let your imagination run wild? Art will come alive during this creative camp! This colorful camp is the perfect mix of fun and creativity. Get messy with paint and clay, let nature inspire you, discover a new favorite artist, and make your own comic book.
4 DAY CAMP- August 2-5 | $180/week/camper
What awesome animals do you want to meet? Discover the amazing ways animals have helped humans throughout history. Learn the truth about daddy long legs and help those crazy squirrels in your own back yard. Create animal art and learn how you can help with animal conservation. It’s a wild week!
If you have any questions, please email MaronicJ@naperville.il.us.
Please Note: Naper Settlement’s food activity and craft items may contain allergens, may have come in contact with items containing allergens, and there is always a risk of contamination or cross-contamination. There is also the possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change the formulation or substitute at any time, without notice. Campers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of this risk. Naper Settlement will not assume any liability for adverse reactions to foods consumed or items one may come in contact with while at Camp Naper.